About
r. c. technical institute, sola, ahmedabad

Welcome to R.C. Technical Institute, Ahmedabad.

The R.C. Technical Institute was established by Rao Bahadoor Ranchhodlal Chhotalal (The First Nagarpati and pioneer of textile industry in India) in year 1910 at Saraspur,Ahmedabad.

Later in the year 1930,this institute was handed over to the then State Government of Bombay. Initially,the institute was running certificate courses in Mechanical,Electrical,Textile Spinning,Textile Weaving and Textile Processing. In the year 1947, these certificate courses were replaced by new Diploma programmes in Textile Manufacturing and Textile Processing.

Looking to the need of industries, the programes like Printing technology,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Engineering,Computer Engineering,IT Engineering & Civil etc. are added gradually. To accomodate this expansion in environmentaly clean and layer area, the institute is shifted to the new campus at sola,ahmedabad in june 1997.

Vision

To cater to the technological development of the nation through excellence in technical education by satisfying needs of the industries & society.

Mission

  To impart qualitative technical education to the students and inculcating core values in them through optimum utilization and mobilization of institute’s resources to enhance their employability.

● To strengthen linkage with industry, networking with other institutions and organizations by providing various services and conducting demand driven continuing education and community programmes.

● To strive for becoming a centre of excellence enabling to face the ever changing and challenging technological environment.

Core Values

● Equity● Transparency
● Team spirit● Quality
● Openness● Innovation

Institute Infrastructure

    • 19 acre lush green and pollution free campus on Sarkhej-Gandhinagar highway in the vicinity of Gujarat High court, Sola civil hospital and Bhagavat vidyapith.
    • 15224 sqm built-up area for well developed classrooms, laboratories, library, workshops, learning resource users centre, amenity hall, boys hostel with mess, staff quarters, etc.
    • Amenities like sports ground, indoor games, girls’ room, canteen, etc.
    • Laboratories are updated with modern machineries, equipments and instruments.
    • Well qualified human resource supported with state-of the-art teaching aids. 30 PG faculties.
    • 60 person capacity seminar room.
    • 218 computers of latest configuration with necessary peripherals installed at well planned computer laboratories.
    • Campus Wide Area Network (CWAN) is installed with almost 350 nodes capacity.
    • 5 Mbps internet lease line connected with all buildings of campus and with all computer systems of institute.
    • 19500 books and reference books and 21 magazines in Library with 60 students reading capacity. Book bank facility is also available. The library is equipped with 6 computer systems and internet facility.
    • Community polytechnic wing, supported by MHRD, catering to the training needs of rural people for self employment and development.
    • Training centre for Gujarat Knowledge Society (GKS).
    • Fully equipped wifi campus