The Department of Electrical Engineering strives to be a Centre of Excellence in the field of Technical education to sculpt skilled Electrical engineers. The Department is dynamic and vibrant with the blend of young and experienced faculty members .The curriculum has been designed keeping in mind the learning capacity of every student to help them approach towards their career in an innovative and disciplined manner. The role of the department is not only to ensure academic excellence but also to empower the students to become lifelong learners.
Laboratory facilities have been upgraded to keep abreast with the latest emerging technology in the field of Electrical Engineering. The students perform various experiments in psychomotor as well in affective domain to enhance their competency in practical field. The department frequently organizes industrial visits, expert lectures, and technical workshops which provide a platform to the students to enhance their employability skills. The students select projects based on real life problems and they are guided to complete these projects through innovative thinking leading to attainment of Programmed outcomes.
In addition to this the students are also encouraged to participate in Co-Curricular, Extra- curricular and student centric activities organised by the department / Institute for their holistic development. All these efforts have led to building up of mutual respect and harmonious relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
Program offered : Diploma in Electrical Engineering (3 years full time course)
Total Intake : 240
To impart quality education to prepare competent Electrical Engineers with
high moral values.
M1: Provide quality education through progressive learning environment.
M2: Infuse technical competencies by enriching their problem solving skills.
M3: Inculcate professional ethics and leadership qualities for Employability, Start-ups and Entrepreneurship.
PEO1: Manage own Electrical Engineering enterprise.
PEO2: Develop proficiency in maintaining various
PEO3: Adapt the changing technologies to solve the
Electrical Engineering problem for societal needs.
What Students Learn in DE Electrical Engineering
- DC Circuits
- Electrical Engineering Workshop Practice
- AC Circuits
- DC Machines and Transformer
- Electrical Instrumentation
- Electrical Power Generation
- Electronics Components and Circuits
- Polyphase Transformer and Rotating AC Machines
- Transmission and Distribution of Electrical Power
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Digital Electronics and Digital Instruments
- Computer Aided Electrical Drawing and Simulation
- Wiring Estimating Costing and Contracting
- Energy Conservation and Audit
- Power Electronics
- Microprocessor and Control System Components
- Electric Traction and Control
- Switchgear and Protection
- Installation Commissioning and maintenance
- Maintenance of Transformer and Circuit Breaker
- Electrification of Building Complex
- Project-I and II
- To impart psychomotor skill for the operation, working and controlling of DC machines.
- To expose the students to the operation and working of transformer.
- To impart knowledge on Principle of operation, construction and performance of Synchronous machines.
- To impart knowledge on Construction, principle of operation and performance of induction machines.
- The power electronics lab enhances the electrical engineering students by providing them the better understanding of the concepts and working of electronics components, devices and circuits.
- The objective of this lab is to perform experiments to consolidate basic knowledge in digital electronics.
- This lab is equipped with various power electronics circuits like three phase rectifier, chopper circuits, cycloconverter, commutation circuits etc.
- This lab also provides the platform for the students to perform and check their project work.
- This lab prepares students who seek to enter this stream by providing them with intricate knowledge to manage and control instruments.
- This lab is equipped with various bridge trainer kit, linear variable displacement transducer, digital multimeters and loading inductor, capacitor, resistive loads, LCR meter & energy meter.
- To introduce students to learn about power system protection and switchgear.
- To teach students the theory, construction, applications of main type’s circuit breakers, relays for protection of generators, transformers and protection of feeders from over- voltages and other hazards. It emphasis on neutral grounding for overall protection.
- To develop an ability and skill to design the practicable protection systems needed for each main part of a power system in students.
- This laboratory has various types of microprocessor, micro controller trainer kits along with interfacing modules to demonstrate the detailed applications of microprocessors.
- The purpose of this laboratory is to train the students to be familiar with the software and hardware of microprocessors so that they can gain enough experiences to meet the demand of the microprocessor era.
- This laboratory is used to provide intensive practical exposure to the students in the field of microprocessor architecture and control system components.
- The aim of this laboratory is to provide required computing and simulations facilities to the students in order to meet their requirements of courses.
- The main emphasis is to do the work in this laboratory is to draw electrical and electronics circuits using AutoCAD, PSIM, PCB maker and Workbench software.
- It is basic electrical circuit laboratory for students of first year to understand them about the main concepts of AC/DC, basic electrical wiring, generations of electricity, transmission and its distribution.
- In this laboratory student to perform experiments related to topics taught in theory like series parallel circuit, distingue AC and DC, Star and Delta three phase circuits, different network circuits, open circuit and short circuit test of single phase and three phases AC.
- Prototype models of Electrical Vehicles, home automation and protective electrical/electronic circuits etc. made by final year students are placed in the project laboratory for demonstration purpose for junior students. These models motivate the students to make good final year projects.
- This laboratory is also very useful for publishing quality technical papers based on final year projects.
- This laboratory is also very much useful to generate innovative ideas in the mind of students and based on such innovative ideas students can start their new startups and avail grant for it from SSIP.
- The library supports research and teaching materials in the field of the Electrical Engineering.
- These departments' teaching, research, development, and other professional activities are still supported by the book collection.
- The latest volumes in Electrical Engineering, Science, Technology, and general areas are meeting the demands of the ever-growing research areas.
Mr. ALPESH PATEL
Head of Department
Mr. Jagdish Patel
Mrs. NISHI GUPTA
Mr. DHARMENDRA AGRAWAL
Mrs. PAYAL RAVAL
Mr. NAYANKUMAR PANDYA
Mr. Ketankumar Gandhi
Mr. TUSHAR PATEL
Mr. BIPINCHANDRA PATEL
Mr. HEMANT JOSHI
Mr. JIGNESH BHATI
Mr. YUNUS HOLIYA
Mr. TAKSHAKKUMAR RABARI
Mr. RAKESHKUMAR SHAH
Mr. HIRENKUMAR PATEL
Ms. KRISHNA PATEL
Mr. Pranavkumar Jani
Mrs. ROSHANI PARIKH
Mr. DHIREN RATHOD
Miss. GAUTAMI RAVAL
Miss. Vandana Talreja
Mrs. sejal patel
Mr. SATISHKUMAR PATEL