Textile Manufacturing Technology
Program offered : Diploma in Textile Manufacturing Technology (3.5 years full time course)
Total Intake : 30
Textile Manufacturing department in R.C.T.I started with 20 intake in year 1947. Year by year intake addition is as below.
Year 1947 – Started Diploma in Textile Manufacturing with 20 seats.
Year 1994 – First AICTE approval received with stated with 30 Intake
Year 1999 – Intake of Textile Manufacturing is increased from 30 to 60.
At Present Intake of Textile Manufacturing Department is 30.
- Textile Manufacturing Technology Department established in 1947, is one of the esteemed department of R.C. Technical Institute, Ahmedabad. Institute is running under Department of Technical Education, Government of Gujarat. Diploma in Textile Manufacturing Technology program is approved by All India council for technical education (AICTE), New Delhi and is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad. Textile Manufacturing Technology is a branch of engineering which deals with designing and manufacturing of Apparel Garments and Functional Fabrics.
- The textile industry is one of the oldest and the most widespread industries in Ahmedabad. Day by Day Textile Industries Upgraded Technically & therefore to full fill the requirement of technical People are essential. The department has qualified faculty members engaged in teaching learning process with the aim of achieving excellence in the field of Textile engineering.
What students Learn in DE Textile Manufacturing Technology
- Basic of Textile
- Yarn manufacturing Technology
- Weaving Technology
- Fabric Structure
- Garment Manufacturing Technology
- Statistical Quality Control
- Man Made Fiber Technology
- Advance Texturising &Twisting
- Production Planning
- Quality and Process Control in spinning and weaving
- Modern Spinning Technology
- Modern Weaving Technology
- Textile Testing
- Technical Textile
- Computer Aided Woven Design
- Advance Knitting Technology
- Actual industry exposer by industrial training
The department of Textile Manufacturing Technology is pioneer department of this institute for technical education knowledge and services, striving continuously for providing its excellence to the society and textile industries needs.
M1: To develop students as competent technicians with required skills to serve the needs of textile industry and society.
M2: To prepare students to hold leadership responsibilities in textile and related segments such as product development, production , technical services, quality assurance and marketing.
M3: To impart qualitative technical education to students to understand the managerial responsibilities related to issues such as social, ethical, and environmental aspects of the textile industry.
Department Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: To gain knowledge of basic and modern technology in Textile manufacturing like Spinning ,Weaving, Knitting,Testing, Manmade fibre production, Garment manufacturing processes ,Development of Woven and Knitted designs.
PEO2: To lead the team for targeted production work and observe and maintain safety and control of the shop floor activities.
PEO3: To provide assistance to improve productivity and profitability by application of modern techniques.
PEO4: To pursue for higher studies or become successful entrepreneur in Textile and related field and contributing to societal, technological and industry development.
|NAME OF LABORATORY||LOCATION/ROOM NO.||LIST OF MAJOR EQUIPMENTS|
|WEAVING LAB||404||AIR JET LOOM,PIRN WINDING MACHINE|
|SPINNING LAB||412||ROTOR SPINNING MACHINE|
|TESTING LAB||409||BURSTING STRENGTH TESTER , TEARING STRENGTH TESTER, WRAP REEL , TWIST TESTER,PROJECTION MICROSCOPE,THICKNESS TESTER,BAER SORTER FIBRE LENGTH TESTER,ABRASION TESTER,KNOWLE’S BALANCE|
|FABRIC STRUCTURE LAB||412||SAMPLE LOOM|
|COMPUTER LAB||458||COMPUTER SYSTEM|
Mr. HIRENKUMAR UPADHYAYA
Mr. ROHIT PRAJAPATI
Mrs. PRITI PARMAR
Mr. DIPAL PANCHAL
Miss. SHIMOLIBEN PATEL